Hyperpigmentation on buttocks and butt acne are very familiar and somewhat embarrassing. Beach season is knocking on the door and the time is just right to do something about the problem.
If you want to avoid skin whitening chemicals and expensive cosmetics, you can try several straightforward and inexpensive home remedies. I have tried the majority of these products, and I can confirm that they have an all-natural skin lightening effect.
What Causes ?
All this time, pesky pimples and blackheads are one of the top lists from our pet peeves but then, these butt acne (aka buttne) occurred. Frustration is inevitable, sadly “buttne” is very much common and we’re anxious how to get rid of them.
Granted they’re out of sight from the world to see (unless you’re on a bikini), they are indeed irritating though you may endure full-on breakouts, or possibly just one or two red-bumps.
In a nutshell, there are a lot of factors that triggered butt acne or red bumps and these flare-ups possibly caused by poor hygiene, tight-fitting clothes, sweat, hormonal imbalance, and Folliculitis. But the good thing is, they can be easily avoided.
1 Tight Clothing – wearing tight clothes can trap sweat and bacteria in the skin, restricting it from getting any wiggle room to breath. This can result in inflammation of hair follicles that trigger red bumps or acne-like bumps (aka folliculitis) to erupt.
If you love wearing tight pants, make sure to get those pants off asap when you get home. Or swap your synthetic undies to cotton for a more breathable butt experience.
2 Poor Hygiene – Don’t overlook cleaning your backside when taking a shower daily. The build-up of grime, dead skin and grease is one major culprit of folliculitis that can cause hyperpigmentation on your butt.
How to on Buttocks and Thighs
- Make it as a routine to use a gentle medicated body wash with salicylic acid to keep skin free from acne-causing bacteria.
- Stay away from scabrous or abrasive scrubs and loofahs as this can increase irritation on your backside which could leave lasting scars and hyperpigmentation (those pesky dark spots).
- Wear loose fitting, cotton underwear. Cotton prevents excess sweating since it does not absorb much heat.
- Avoid shaving the pubic area or using hair-removal lotions. Shaving damages the skin, causing scarring and darkening of the area. Hair-removal lotions have chemicals that can damage sensitive skin. Waxing to remove hair offers a better alternative and will not lead to discoloration.
- Use an unscented, non-acidic, mild soap for cleaning the area between the thighs.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes a variety of fruits and vegetables, wholegrain cereals, and lean meat. Avoid fatty foods to maintain good skin.
- Drink lots of water which can flush out toxins and keep the skin smooth and hydrated.
- Use sunblock with at least SPF 30 to prevent exposed skin from darkening.
Natural Skin Whitening Ingredients that you can Try
Orange Peel Powder
Citrus fruits like lemons and oranges are a wonderful source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is included in the composition of skin whitening creams because of its unprecedented ability to affect hyper-pigmentation.
Both the peel and the juice of citrus fruits can be used to lighten dark spots. Make sure you put sunscreen on the treated areas because they will become quite photo-sensitive after the treatment. Repeat the procedure until you get the desired bikini area whitening result.
- 2 tbsp dried orange peel powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a bowl, add the orange peel and lemon juice, then add the honey in the mix.
- Put the milk in the mixture and blend them all together.
- Using a makeup brush, apply the mixture on the affected area. Let it sit for 15 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this process 3-4x a week until you see results.
Lemon Turmeric & Yogurt
Lemon treatments are also incredibly beneficial for the skin. Lemon juice “pulls out” dirt from the pores and it helps regulate sebum secretion. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that maintains the skin’s plump and youthful look.
This type of treatment is best suited for oily skin. Lemons have somewhat drying qualities that could irritate skin that is already dry and sensitive. Apply on a small test patch to figure out how your skin reacts to the treatment.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- Mix the three ingredients in a bowl. Use a cotton pad or ball and dip it in the mixture.
- Apply it on the affected area and let it sit for 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Repeat the process 2 or 3 times a week for about a month to see results. Remember, consistency is the key.
Tomato and Yogurt
The tomato is another wonderful source of vitamin C that will lighten your skin without side effects and irritation.
Rubbing a little bit of tomato juice in the bikini or butt area will be sufficient to change the color of excessively dark skin. This type of treatment is extremely inexpensive, as well!
If you want to enhance the results of tomato treatments, and you are looking forward to getting whiter skin quickly, you can also mix equal parts of tomato and lemon juice.
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp finely grounded oatmeal (or brown sugar)
- ½ tbsp yoghurt
1 Squeeze the tomato to get the juice (or you can throw the tomato in the blender to make a paste). Add the oatmeal and mix them together.
2 Add the yogurt and mix all together to create a paste.
3 Apply the mixture using a brush on the affected area and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
4 Wash it off with warm water. Repeat this process daily (or 3-4 times a week) for about a month or two to see results.
The delicious and aromatic papaya is another great option for removing dark spots and excessive pigmentation from the bikini area. It’s been used extensively on skincare products like soaps, toner, lotions, creams, masks, etc.
I’ve been using a whitening soap with papaya on my dark inner thighs, and I can tell you that it’s really effective.
The fruit contains a natural enzyme known as papain. Apart from being incredibly beneficial for the skin, papain can also be used to make skin whiter.
The manner in which this happens involves the natural exfoliating properties of papain.
As the old layer of skin peels off the surface, a new layer will be revealed. This new skin will look much brighter and healthier than the old one.
Several studies suggest that eating papaya on a regular basis could also contribute to overall skin brightness. Papayas are an excellent source of various essential vitamins, which means their consumption will improve complexion, remove blemishes and dark spots from the skin.
How to :
- You can take advantage of the papaya skin whitening properties by taking out the inside of the fruit and rubbing it in your dark butt or inner thighs.
- Leave on for 20 minutes before rinsing. Moisturize as usual. Do this routine 3-4 times a week until you see results.
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
- L-glutathione soap
- Papaya soap
- Kojic soap
1 Keep in mind that all of these treatments are chemical-free. As a result, they will need more time to deliver noticeable results.
2 Using natural skin whitening products on a daily basis, however, will give you an opportunity to see a significant change in the color of bikini, inner thigh and butt skin with time.
3 If you want to enhance the action of the whitening ingredients, you can use a homemade scrub to exfoliate the areas you want to treat.
4 Regular removal of the dead skin cells can help you get faster results. Still, you will need a couple of months to achieve the degree of skin whitening you are hoping for.
5 Get started today if you want to make sure that you will be perfectly ready for the beach! But remember, patience and consistency are keys to achieve the desired results.
But your main question is:
How long before I start seeing my butt or bikini area white after using these home remedies? That’s a great question!
Here's the Answer
It will take quite sometime. I’m talking about maybe six months or more before you start seeing your butt and inner thighs whiter/lighter if you use these natural ingredients every day. But it also depends on how consistent you are in doing the process.
Unfortunately, home remedies like what I’ve mentioned above will not whiten your dark areas fast. These are not the magic pill.
Therefore, if you’re planning to go to the beach and wear a bikini for a week, then these natural remedies are not suitable for you.