If you notice that your face feels tight and dry after you washed, it probably is the soap you are using. Even if you pay a fortune for special beauty soaps, they still have a drying effect.
After all, these soaps sit on store shelves, so they cannot contain many of the ingredients you would use in a homemade version and often have harmful chemicals to extend shelf life, which can be drying.
This homemade cleanser not only moisturizes my skin but also exfoliates it. That removes the dead skin cells that don’t retain moisture and exposes new skin cells that do, plumping your skin and giving it a more youthful look.
My daily cleanser contains just a three ingredients. Finely ground rice, ground almonds, and dry, whole milk powder. Each provides exceptional benefits for the skin. Milk contains nutrients and omega fatty acids. It also contains lactic acid that helps in the exfoliation process.
Freshly ground almonds will feel slightly oily, as well they should. They contain vitamin E, proteins and many other nutrients besides also containing monounsaturated fatty acids.
Finely ground rice, or rice powder, has been on the beauty shelves of Asian women for centuries. Not only does it help to lighten and smooth the skin, it also reduces wrinkles and discolorations.
When you combine all three, you have a homemade cleanser that exfoliates as it nourishes the skin.
Once you use it, you will immediately notice how soft your skin feels. It will make your skin look and feel beautiful immediately, but continue to improve it each time you use this magical cleanser.
Ingredients You Need:
- Almonds (skin peeled)
- Dry whole milk powder (I used goat’s milk)
- Using a coffee grinder or a blender, grind 6 almonds and 2 tbsp of rice into a very fine powder.
- Once the dry ingredients are finely grind, place them in a clean container (with lid) and add 1 – 2 tbsp of dry whole milk powder (goat’s milk is the best if available).
- To use, grab 1 tsp of powder mixture and mix with water or rose water to make a paste.
- Gently massage into your face and neck for about a minute and rinse with warm water and follow with a cold water.
- Apply your favorite toner and moisturizer.
Note: Make sure to remove all your make-up before application. This cleanser doesn’t get rid of makeup.
In spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser and happier as a result.